POTTSTOWN PA – These early week items of entertainment and civic interest are scheduled for Monday through Wednesday (Nov. 13-15, 2023), and have been publicly announced.
Monday, Nov. 13
- Pottsgrove Wrestling Club practice begins, first week free to try, 5:45-6:45 p.m. for novices (ages 5-8), 6:45-8:15 p.m. for advanced (ages 9 and older), at Pottsgrove Middle School, 1351 N. Hanover St., Pottstown PA
Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Tuesday Youth Volleyball for ages 7-12, 6:30-7:15 p.m., ticketed, runs for six weeks through Dec. 19, sponsored by Pottsgrove Recreation, held at Ringing Rocks Elementary, 1401 Kauffman Rd., Pottstown PA
- Lecture: Artist Eric Armusik, starts at 7 p.m., free but online reservations requested, a specialist in classical figurative painting, presented by the Pottstown Area Artists Guild, in the Boyer Gallery of The Hill School Center for the Arts, 860 Beech St., Pottstown PA
- Concert: Daedalus Quartet, 7:30 p.m., free performance, in the Bomberger Auditorium on the Ursinus Campus, 601 E. Main St., Collegeville PA
Wednesday, Nov. 15
- Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds’ Veteran Discounts program, from 10 a.m. to noon, free, at Daniel’s Lawn and Garden, 1457 Sumneytown Pk., Harleysville PA
- Alzheimer’s Education and Caregiving Conference, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (doors open at 9 a.m. with continental breakfast and memory screenings), free but advance registration requested, sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Center City, 237 Broad St., Philadelphia PA
- Native Plant Work Days, 1-3 p.m., free to participate but registration required, volunteer to help the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy Conservation Team maintain tree plantings, at Jacob Reiff Park, 764 Quarry Rd., Lower Salford Township PA 19438
- Basic First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification Class, 6-8 p.m., ticketed and advance registration required, offered by Pottsgrove Recreation, receive basic all-in-one training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, first aid, and use of an automated external defibrillator, at the Pottsgrove Middle School library, 1351 N. Hanover St., Pottstown PA
- Sixth Annual Reading Blues Festival, 6-11 p.m., Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, 701 Penn St., Reading PA
- Wednesday Night Yoga Class, 7-8 p.m., ticketed; water, yoga mat, and towel required; depending on weather may be held indoors at the Schwenksville offices of the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy, or occasionally outdoors at nearby Lenape Park in Skippack Township, scheduled by the conservancy, 1 Skippack Pk., Schwenksville PA 19473
Find these early week items, and other upcoming events, on The Travels With The Post extended calendar page.
Got an event you’d like to add? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.