NORRISTOWN PA – Free programs offered by the office of Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds Jeanne Sorg are hitting the road and headed to Pennsburg, Royersford, Pottstown, Harleysville, and Norristown, among other locations, it announced.
Sorg’s office provides a Veteran’s Discount ID program; FraudSleuth, a free property fraud alert service; and a presentation titled “MontCo Roots: Family and Property History through Deeds.” Bringing them into local communities “has been a point of pride for me, and a great joy,” she said.
Her coming schedule in the county’s western half includes:
- Friday (Sept. 15, 2023) with Mobile Fraud Sleuth and Veteran Discounts, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Senior Fair held by state Reps. Tracy Pennycuick and Milou Mackenzie, in the Upper Perkiomen YMCA, 1399 Quakertown Rd, Pennsburg;
- Oct. 10 (Tuesday), from 10 a.m. to noon at the Montgomery County Veterans Resource Fair, in the county Human Services Center, 1430 DeKalb St, Norristown;
- Oct. 12 (Thursday) with Mobile Fraud Sleuth and Veteran Discounts, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the office of state Rep. Joe Ciresi, 301 N. Lewis Rd. Ste. 9C, Royersford;
- Oct. 14 (Saturday) with MontCo Roots starting at 1 p.m. in Pottsgrove Manor, 100 W. King St., Pottstown; and
- Nov. 15 (Wednesday) with Veteran Discounts from 10 a.m. to noon at Daniel’s Lawn and Garden, 1457 Sumneytown Pk., Harleysville.
Programs also are scheduled from September through November in North Wales, Lansdale, Havertown, Horsham, and Conshohocken. See Sorg’s media release for their dates, times, and specific locations.
Not all events feature all programs, Sorg noted. Those needing more information on any scheduled event should call her office at 610-278-3289.
For those unable to attend a scheduled event, Sorg reminds that her office is open to the public Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. to assist veterans, homeowners and researchers.
Deed books photo from the Montgomery County Office of the Recorder of Deeds
Unfamiliar with our publication, Travels With The Post? Learn more online.