POTTSTOWN PA – As Fall 2023 makes its debut this weekend, so too do community day events planned for Saturday (Sept. 9) by two area municipalities.
In Royersford, its 11th annual Community Day hosted by the Royersford Business Association runs Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Main Street downtown. In Lower Pottsgrove, its Community Day is organized by the township Parks and Recreation Board and operates Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School on Buchert Road.
Also Saturday, enjoy the 12th annual Pottstown Pet Fair in the borough’s Memorial Park on West King Street; the Phoenixville Blues Festival in that borough’s Reeves Park; or the Greater Philadelphia Fall Home Show in Valley Forge. Get out and do something!
Some weekend events are free. Some have fees (labeled as “ticketed”). Some have limitations, registrations, or other conditions. Some may be affected by weather conditions (hint: if unsure, call before you go). Each weekend listing includes a link for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 7
- Weekly ‘Scrabble’ Game, 10-11:30 a.m., free, join other word lovers in a game of Scrabble!, at the Boyertown Community Library, 24 N Reading Ave., Boyertown PA
- Rep. Matt Bradford Constituent Hours, 10 a.m. to noon, free, providing access to essential services and assistance to area residents, at Schwenksville Borough Hall & Community Center, 300 Main St., Schwenksville PA
Saturday, Sept. 9
- 2023 Scrapbooking Event II, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., ticketed, includes a 4×2 workspace, continental breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and beverages, buy tickets online, sponsored by and held at the Phoenixville Area Senior Center, 153 Church St., Phoenixville PA
- Perk to Park Bicycle Adventure on the Perkiomen Trail, 8 a.m. from Oaks and 9 a.m. from Schwenksville, conducted by the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy, 1 Skippack Pike, Schwenksville PA
- Yoga In The Park, 9-10 a.m., free, bring a mat and water, conducted by Bridge Wellness Hub on the shuffleboard courts at Victory Park, 2nd Avenue and Arch Street, Royersford PA
- “The Shop at Coventry” semi-monthly thrift store opening, 9 a.m. to noon, operated by and benefiting Coventryville United Methodist Church, at the church, 151 Old Ridge Rd., Pottstown PA
- ‘Soccer Bugs’ Open House and Free Trials, 9 a.m. to noon, free but reservations requested, children from 18 months to 6 years old invited to try a national child soccer development program, at The 422 Sports Plex, 1400 Industrial Hwy., Pottstown PA
- Birdsboro Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., free to attend, Main Bird Park, 226 N. Water St., Birdsboro PA
- 12th Annual Pottstown Pet Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., sponsored by the Pottstown Parks and Recreation Department, featuring live animals, vendors, pet adoptions and activities in one of the largest free pet fairs in Pennsylvania, at Memorial Park, 75 W. King St., Pottstown PA
- 11th Community Day, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., free, with vendors, food offerings, a car show, and family activities, sponsored by the Royersford Business Association, on Main Street in downtown Royersford PA
- Greater Philadelphia Fall Home Show, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Valley Forge Casino Resort, 1160 First Ave., King of Prussia PA
- Manatawny Still Works Harvest Festival, noon to 11 p.m., ticketed, featuring new distillery releases, live music, food trucks, at the distillery, 320 Circle of Progress Dr. Ste. 104, Pottstown PA
- Painting en Plein Air Workshop, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., ticketed, featuring instructor Margaret Wiseheart Anderson, at Regina Marie Designs Fine Art and Crafts Gallery, 4076 Skippack Pk., Skippack PA
- Lower Pottsgrove Township Community Day, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., free, with police car and fire truck displays, pumpkin painting, craft projects, food, and entertainment, on the grounds of Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School, 1329 Buchert Rd., Pottstown PA
- Skippack Village Food Truck Festival, noon to 5 p.m., ticketed, located across the street from Basta Pasta at 4059 W. Skippack Pike, Skippack PA
- Phoenixville Blues Festival, 1-10 p.m., ticketed (as donations to Phoenixville Area Community Services), presented by Tague Lumber, featuring concerts by eight bands and artists, in Reeves Park, 138 3rd Ave., Phoenixville PA
- Bluegrass Concert featuring Wilson Banjo Company, 2 p.m. (advance registration required), Kimberton Park Amphitheater, 2214 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville PA
- St. Mary’s Parish Feast, 5-7:30 p.m., ticketed with music, attic treasures, raffles, beverages, hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, desserts, at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, 40 Spring Mt Rd, Schwenksville PA
- Lehigh Valley Wine Auction, 6 p.m., Northampton Street, downtown Easton PA
- Saturday Night Dance Party in Green Lane, 6:30-10 p.m., ticketed, dancing to DJ oldies and includes chips, pretzels, and decaf coffee; cash bar, a 50-50 event, and door prize contest available, Green Lane Fire Company, 214 Main St., Green Lane PA
Sunday, Sept. 10
- World Suicide Prevention Day; you can find help for yourself, or someone else in crisis! Call 9-8-8 to talk, text or chat. Find resources in Montgomery County PA here.
- Greater Philadelphia Fall Home Show, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Valley Forge Casino Resort, 1160 First Ave., King of Prussia PA
- Autumn Splendor Fall Foliage Tour, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., ticketed, a 90-minute round trip featuring “spectacular autumn colors and the rich fragrances of fall,” on the Colebrookdale Railroad from its station at 64 S. Washington St., Boyertown PA
- “Postcards, Fans, Fly Swatters … and All Things Summer” exhibit, 1-3 p.m., free, Spring Ford Area Historical Society, 526 Main St., Royersford PA
- St. Mary’s Parish Feast, 1-6 p.m., ticketed with homemade Irish, Polish, Italian, and American foods, music, attic treasures, biergarten, televised Phillies and Eagles games at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, 40 Spring Mt Rd, Schwenksville PA
- Sunday Star Shows at the Neag Planetarium, hourly from 1-6 p.m., tickets available at the door, Reading Public Museum, 500 Museum Rd., Reading PA
- Historic Trappe Garden Party to honor Executive Director Lisa Minardi, 3-5 p.m. rain or shine, ticketed casual reception with hors d’oeuvres and drinks, parking in the Trappe Shopping Center, held at The Speaker’s House, 151 W. Main St., Trappe PA
Want to plan further ahead? Look for events on later dates (currently through January 2024)! See the The Travels With The Post extended calendar page.
Weekend events are curated from a variety of sources, including public submissions. Got a weekend (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holiday Mondays) event you’d like us to add? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.