POTTSTOWN PA – Roam with the butterflies Saturday (Aug. 26, 2023) during a celebratory event at Montgomery County’s Upper Schuylkill Valley Park in Royersford. It’s among nearly 40 activities that fill the weekend calendar of local and regional entertainment for adults, children, and families.
Some events are free. Some have fees (labeled as “ticketed”). Some have limitations, registrations, or other conditions. Some may be affected by weather conditions (hint: if unsure, call before you go). Click any link in the list below for more information.
Get out and do something!
Want to plan further ahead? Look for events on later dates (currently through January 2024)! See the The Travels With The Post extended calendar page.
Saturday, Aug. 26
- Paper-Shredding Event, 9 a.m. to noon, free, sponsored by the Chester County Sheriff, Prothonotary, and Register of Wills, four file-size boxes maximum, at 501 Franklin Ave., Phoenixville PA
- Birdsboro Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., free to attend, Main Bird Park, 226 N. Water St., Birdsboro PA
- Food Drive for the Daily Bread Food Pantry, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., sponsored by Collegeville Borough Council, at Redner’s Warehouse Market, 201 Second Ave., Collegeville PA
- Butterfly Celebration, 10 a.m. to noon, donation suggested, Upper Schuylkill Valley Park, 1615 Black Rock Rd., Royersford PA
- Fricks Lock Village Tours, 10 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 12:30 p.m. starts, 495 Lower Fricks Lock Road, Pottstown PA
- Saturday Farm Stand, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., for German heirloom vegetables, flowers, herbs, and honey, at at The Speaker’s House, 151 W. Main St., Trappe PA
- Heckler Fest, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., exploring the history of Lower Salford Township at the Heckler Plains Farmstead, 237 Landis Rd., Harleysville PA
- Historic Trappe Weekend Museum Tours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., ticketed, from the Dewees Tavern Visitor Center, 301 W. Main St., Trappe PA
- New Holland Summer Fest nationally certified barbecue competition, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., free to attend, New Holland Memorial Community Park, 400 E. Main St., New Holland PA
- Old Fashioned Baseball Games, one at 11 a.m. and a second at 1 p.m. featuring the Brandywine and NY Mutuals baseball clubs, at Limerick Community Park, 180 Swamp Pike, Royersford PA
- “Historic Cooking and Collections Curiosities,” 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., free, for Open House Days at Pottsgrove Manor, 100 W. King St., Pottstown PA; see the photo above.
- Back-To-School Event hosted by Philadelphia Premium Outlets, 1-4 p.m. in its Center Court, give-aways, selfie backgrounds, DJ music, and food trucks, 18 Lightcap Rd., Pottstown PA
- Program: “Creek Critters,” 1-3 p.m., free, Green Lane Park Fly-Fishing Area, 1023 Church Rd., East Greenville PA
- Fonthill Castle Beer Festival, 2-5 p.m., 525 E. Court St., Doylestown PA
- Nottingham Country Fair 2.0, 3-8 p.m., Nottingham County Park, 150 Park Rd., Nottingham PA
- The Great Swamp Picnic, 4-8 p.m., conducted by New Hanover Evangelical Lutheran Church at the church grove, Picnic Grove, Route 663 and Swamp Picnic Road, Gilbertsville PA
- “Rockin’ On The Rails Retro Train,” starts at 7 p.m., ticketed, featuring music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, Colebrookdale Railroad, 64 S. Washington St., Boyertown PA
Sunday, Aug. 27
- Ukrainian Folk Festival, noon to 8:30 p.m., Ukranian-American Sport Center, Tryzub Park, County Line and Lower State roads, Horsham PA
- Historic Trappe Weekend Museum Tours, noon to 4 p.m., ticketed, from the Dewees Tavern Visitor Center, 301 W. Main St., Trappe PA
- “Postcards, Fans, Fly Swatters … and All Things Summer” exhibit, 1-3 p.m., free, Spring Ford Area Historical Society, 526 Main St., Royersford PA
- Sunday Star Shows at the Neag Planetarium, hourly from 1-6 p.m., tickets available at the door, Reading Public Museum, 500 Museum Rd., Reading PA
- Ice Cream Social, 2-4 p.m., for returning and prospective students of Congregation B’nai Jacob Religious School, advance registration requested, held at the school, 101 Manavon St., Phoenixville PA
Hopefully, you already took advantage of these
Thursday, Aug. 24
- Weekly ‘Scrabble’ Game, starts at 10 a.m., free, Boyertown Community Library, 24 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown PA
- Art in the Park Community Night, 5:30 p.m., Walt Road Day Use Area, 1051 Walt Road, Pennsburg PA
- Hobart’s Run Neighborhood Meeting, 6-7 p.m., free, Pottstown Area Social Innovations Lab, 249 E. High St., Pottstown PA
- The Mighty Manatees in concert, 7-9 p.m., free, last of the Lower Frederick Township concert series, Cuddy Park, Colonial Drive, Lower Frederick PA
Friday, Aug. 25
- “Nature Explorers Program: PA Firefly,” 10-11 a.m., for ages 3-6 with craft fee, Norristown Farm Park, Norristown Farm Park, 2500 Upper Farm Rd., Norristown PA
- New Holland Summer Fest nationally certified barbecue competition, noon to 9 p.m., free to attend, New Holland Memorial Community Park, 400 E. Main St., New Holland PA
- “Nature Explorers Program: PA Firefly,” 1-2 p.m., for ages 3-6 with craft fee, Norristown Farm Park, Norristown Farm Park, 2500 Upper Farm Rd., Norristown PA
- Job Search Jumpstart, 2-4 p.m., free, presented by CareerLink Chester County, at Phoenixville Public Library, 183 Second Ave., Phoenixville PA
- Storytime Live for ages 2 years and older, 5-7 p.m., free, refreshments available, Kiddie Academy, 10 Chrisevyn Lane, Phoenixville PA
- “Camping Party Wine Walk” fund-raiser, 5:30-8 p.m., ticketed, benefits The Foundation for Boyertown Education, downtown Boyertown PA
- Kayaking Hopewell Lake, starts at 6 p.m., bring a kayak or use one from the park, French Creek State Park, 843 Park Rd., Elverson PA
- “Pink Floyd Friday” at the Neag Planetarium, hourly from 7-10 p.m., tickets available at the door, Reading Public Museum, 500 Museum Rd., Reading PA
Weekend events are curated from a variety of sources, including public submissions. Got a weekend (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holiday Mondays) event you’d like us to add? Send it to email@example.com.
All photos by Travels With The Post