VALLEY FORGE PA – Seven different carillon concerts, featuring performers from America, Belgium and The Netherlands, remain during July and August evenings in Valley Forge.
The 2023 edition of the Frank P. Law Summer Carillon Concert Series is being held every Wednesday during both months beginning at 7:30 p.m. They feature the sound of the Washington Memorial National Carillon at Washington Memorial Chapel, Route 23 (at top), in Valley Forge National Historical Park.
Each concert is open to the public and free to attend. This year’s series began July 5, and concludes Aug. 30.
On the schedule
Dates and performers still awaiting their debut are:
- July 19, Annie Gao of Irvine CA;
- July 26, Simone Browne, New York NY;
- Aug. 2, Dennis Curry, Kirk in the Hills and Oakland University, Bloomfield Hills MI;
- Aug. 9, Lynnli Wang, The Riverside Church of New York City NY;
- Aug. 16, Janet Tebbel, First United Methodist Church of Germantown and Miraculous Medal Shrine, Philadelphia PA;
- Aug. 23 — Music of the British Isles with Doug Gefvert, Washington Memorial Chapel, Valley Forge PA; and Irish Thunder Pipes & Drums, Swedesburg PA; and
- Aug. 30, Doug Gefvert, Washington Memorial Chapel, Valley Forge PA.
All concerts are played rain or shine; bring an umbrella or protective covering if appropriate. Each concert is an hour long, so chapel representatives also suggest visitors bring a blanket or lawn chair on which to sit, as well as snacks or dinner if desired.
Refreshments and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the Chapel Cabin Shop before the concerts start.
Photos provided to Travels With The Post by the Washington Memorial Chapel