HARRISBURG PA – Fair season has started.
Pennsylvania’s official 2023 calendar of 109 agricultural fairs and events across the commonwealth – including those in Kimberton, Oley, Berks County, Kutztown, and Allentown – is now available online from the state Department of Agriculture, it announced.
The guide provides dates, locations, and contacts for more than 100 agricultural fairs and events scheduled this summer and fall in Pennsylvania. It also highlights 16 fairs that offer harness racing.
In the tri-county area, listed fairs in dated order include the:
- Berks County Fair, July 12-15, Berks County Fairgrounds, 1216 Hilltop Rd., Leesport PA (28 miles from Pottstown);
- Kimberton Fair, July 24-29, 762 Pike Springs Rd, Phoenixville PA (12 miles);
- Kutztown Fair, Aug. 7-12, 450 Wentz St., Kutztown PA (26 miles);
- Great Allentown Fair, Aug. 30-Sept. 4, Allentown Fairgrounds, 302 N 17th St., Allentown PA (32 miles); and
- Oley Valley Community Fair, Sept. 21-23, Oley Fire Company Fairgrounds, 26 Jefferson St., Oley PA (16 miles).
Beyond the local offerings, the guide also includes the:
- Schnecksville Community Fair, June 20-24, 4550 Old Packhouse Road, Schnecksville PA (36 miles)
- Ephrata Fair, Sept. 26-30, Downtown Ephrata and Grater Park, 320 Cocalico St., Ephrata PA (39 miles);
- New Holland Farmers Fair, Oct. 4-7, East and West Main streets, New Holland PA (35 miles); and one of the oldest fair traditions,
- Pennsylvania Farm Show, Jan 6-13 (2024), Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg PA (80 miles).
Photos by Travels With The Post